On October 5th, 2022, the Rinkeby testnet and Alchemy’s Rinkeby faucet were both discontinued by the Ethereum Foundation. The Rinkeby testnet will remain in read-only mode until it is permanently closed in Summer 2023.
Rinkeby Etherscan Explorer
Rinkeby Network owns a dedicated Explorer, which is part of Etherscan, so-called Rinkeby Etherscan.
User can access Rinkeby Etherscan at rinkeby.etherscan.io
The explorer provides most relevant info of the network as Txhash, demo Smart Contract info, transaction status, etc.
What is Rinkeby Faucet?
Rinkeby Faucet is an open platform for everyone to claim free Ethereum on Rinkeby Testnet.
It was built for educational and testing purposes.
The faucet creates a starting point for developers to build demo Smart Contract and test out its functions.
Testnet Ethereum has no market value, but to be used for paying gas fee on Rinkeby network.
Anyone can access the Rinkeby Faucet to claim testnet ETH at https://rinkebyfaucet.io/
What is Rinkeby Network?
Official Rinkeby Website: https://www.rinkeby.io/
Rinkeby is one of those Testnets that running parallelly to the Ethereum Mainnet.
This network lays on top of Clique PoA (Proof-of-Authority) consensus protocol which protects its operation from spamming with ETH supply monitored by trusted parties.
The whole circulation of testnet ETH is originated from the mentioned Rinkeby Faucet.
Rinkeby stimulates most conditions of the mainnet, which allows demo Smart Contract to operate quite similarly to the one on mainnet, but not 100%.
It’s completely FREE to build on testnet, developer only needs to access the Rinkeby Faucet to get some testnet ETH to start.
Please keep in mind that even if a project exists on Rinkeby, it does not mean that one would also exist on the mainnet.
In fact, the two networks are completely different and separate.
Arbitrum has risen in the last few years as a highly efficient layer 2 on Ethereum.
It aims to solve the problem of scaling by maintaining low fee and high transaction speed.
Rinkeby is currently adopted as the main testnet of Arbitrum.
It lets developer deploy demo Smart Contract which produces the same environment as Arbitrum mainnet.
>> Polygon Wallets <<
>> What is Metis RPC <<
>> What is Avalanche Subnet <<
>> What is GMX Crypto <<
Rinkeby Ethereum RPC
Developer can start joining Rinkeby network by adding its RPC to a wallet.
- Chain ID: 4
- Network Name: ETH Testnet Rinkeby
- RPC URL: https://rinkeby.infura.io/v3/9aa3d95b3bc440fa88ea12eaa4456161
- Symbol: ETH
- Explorer: https://rinkeby.etherscan.io
Rinkeby Arbitrum RPC
- Chain ID: 421611
- Network Name: Arbitrum Rinkeby
- RPC URL: https://rinkeby.arbitrum.io/rpc
- Symbol: ETH
- Explorer: https://rinkeby-explorer.arbitrum.io/#/
Add Rinkeby RPC to KEYRING PRO
- Download KEYRING PRO on iOS, Android, APK, Huawei App Gallery, or Mac M1
- Create a multichain account
- Add RPC
- On home screen, tap ‘Menu’ icon
- Choose ‘Manage Chains’
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon
- Insert RPC parameters, please refer to the RPC section above.
- Tap ‘Add’
- On the home screen, choose an address you want to use on the newly added chain, or you can create a new account
- Choose ‘Use this address with other chains’
- Choose the newly added chain
- Tap ‘Create’
How to get ETH from Rinkeby Faucet
- Once added RPC, on the home screen, tap on your Rinkeby Ethereum Testnet wallet
- Tap ‘Copy address’
- Paste on the Faucet site, then tap ‘Send me ETH’
- You should receive your ETH in 5 minutes
Goerli Testnet RPC
Goerli has arrived to the space later than Rinkeby.
It also lays on top of Clique PoA consensus protocol, but supported by various clients.
This one has learnt a lot from Rinkeby, especially in stability.
To sum up, Goerli can be considered as a stable and reliable testnet of Ethereum.
Please find Goerli RPC below.
- Chain ID: 5
- Network Name: Ethereum Goerli Testnet
- RPC URL: https://goerli.infura.io/v3/9aa3d95b3bc440fa88ea12eaa4456161
- Symbol: ETH
- Explorer: https://goerli.etherscan.io
Kovan Testnet RPC
Kovan is another PoA testnet blockchain that running parallelly to the Ethereum Mainnet.
The network is started and maintained by Parity team.
On Kovan, testnet ETH cannot be mined, but to be requested from its faucet only.
Due to its nature, this one is highly secure in term of spam immunity, but it does not completely mimic the whole environment of Ethereum Mainnet.
Please find Kovan RPC below.
- Chain ID: 6
- Network Name: Ethereum Kovan Testnet
- RPC URL: https://kovan.infura.io/v3/9aa3d95b3bc440fa88ea12eaa4456161
- Symbol: ETH
- Explorer: https://kovan.etherscan.io
Ropsten Testnet RPC
Ropsten is totally different from others since it infrastructure lays on top of the classic PoS (Proof-of-Work) protocol.
Thanks to that characteristic, Ropsten is the only testnet that resembles the most similar environment to the Ethereum production mainnet.
Ropsten is supported by both Geth and Parity.
However, due to its scale, Ropsten is the weakest testnet and less stable in term of spam immunity.
Please find Ropsten RPC below.