What is IoTeX?
IoTeX is a decentralized, EVM-compatible Blockchain that built separately from Ethereum forks.
Basically, it is not governed or operated by any single entity.
The platform aims to bring Blockchain technology into the IoT space which allows users to control smart devices via Dapps and such applications.
This network operates on a Roll-DPoS concensus mechanism at the rate of 5-second blocks and instant finality, which is pretty fast in comparison to some other networks.
>> What is ROSE Crypto <<
It lays on a complex modular architecture as Blockchain layers that tends to establish a hub for decentralized IoT data and compatible devices.
- Blockchain: Roll-DPoS consensus, EVM-compatible with more than 60 delegators.
- Decentralized Identity (DID): a framework that allows users/devices to own their data, identity, and credentials.
- Real World Data Oracles: convert real world data to on-chain data.
- Secure Hardware: tamper-proof devices integrated in IoTeX Trusted Execution Environment (TEE).
The chain is a fully open-source environment, where developers can build anything similarly to Ethereum chain.
Solidity-based smart contracts and Ethereum toolchain are fully supported.
Within the network, both humans and devices will be able to send payments, access smart contracts, or even charge for services.
What is IoTeX Coin – IOTX Crypto
IOTX token plays an important role in the IoTeX ecosystem as the native token.
It secures the network and distributes resources properly via EVM to avoid unexpected network congestion.
Participants need IOTX to pay for gas fee in every transaction.
In June 2020, the mainnet ‘Machina’ was introduced, which enables IOTX native staking.
It fortifies the gorvenance role of IOTX, yet confirms IOTX position as a dynamic incentive.
- Users pay for DApps/services and stake/vote for Delegates with IOTX
- Developers power their devices/DApps and incentives via IOTX
- Delegates stake IOTX in order to be eligible to produce blocks
- Service Providers offer services to devices/DApps, paid in IOTX
- Chain ID: 4689
- Network Name: IoTeX Mainnet
- Network RPC URL: https://babel-api.mainnet.iotex.io
- Currency Symbol: IOTX
- Block Explorer URL: https://iotexscan.io/
- Chain ID: 4690
- Network Name: IoTeX Testnet
- Network RPC URL: https://babel-api.testnet.iotex.io
- Currency Symbol: IOTX
- Block Explorer URL: https://testnet.iotexscan.io/
>> Polygon Wallets <<
>> What is Metis RPC <<
>> What is Avalanche Subnet <<
Add RPC to KEYRING PRO
- Download KEYRING PRO on iOS, Android, APK, Huawei App Gallery, or Mac M1
- Create a multichain account
- Add RPC
- On home screen, tap ‘Menu’ icon
- Choose ‘Manage Chains’
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon
- Insert RPC parameters, please refer to the RPC section above.
- Tap ‘Add’
- On the home screen, choose an address you want to use on the newly added chain, or you can create a new account
- Choose ‘Use this address with other chains’
- Choose the newly added chain
- Tap ‘Create’
IoTeX IDO Price
Its IDO was launched on February 15, 2018.
The IDO price was $0.007 / IOTX
>> Swap TREK Crypto <<
>> zkSync Airdrop <<
>> $STG Crypto <<
The project successfully raised 14 million from different popular venture capitals (VCs) as HashKey, Kenetic, AU21, etc.
Max Supply: 10,000,000,000 IOTX
Total Supply (after Burn-Drop): 8,800,000,000 Billion IOTX
- Private Sale: 24% supply, private sale tokens have been fully distributed in 2018-2020.
- Ecosytem: 18% supply, the ecosystem fund has been distributed to Burn-Drop (10% supply) as well as the Halo Grants Program (8% supply). Ecosystem tokens are unlocked progressively over the course of 3 years after the issuance date.
- Foundation: 25% supply, unlocked gradually over the course of 3 years after the issuance date.
- Team: 15% supply, team tokens are in the vesting period of 4 years after the start date with a 6-month cliff. The first distribution occurred in February 2019.
- Roll-DPoS Mining Rewards: 12% supply, mining rewards
- Community Reward Programs: 6% supply, unlocked gradually over the course of 3 years after the issuance date.
IoTeX Price – Where to buy IOTX Crypto
Please find IOTX price and supported exchanges below.
Since the launch of IoTeXPad, the number of Dapps on IoTeX is growing faster than ever.
At the time of this article, IoTeX has gathered more than 168 Dapps in total.
Some notable projects can be found below.
- ioPay: a wallet of the IoTeX Network and gateway to IoTeX DApps and services
- Cyclone Protocol: a privacy-preserving token/transaction obfuscation tool with liquidity mining
- MintToken: token minting tool that allows anyone to create their own XRC20 & XRC721 tokens
- HealthNet: HIPAA-compliant platform for trusted and transparent medical supply chains
- Hyperaware: DApp for governing connected devices/data based on their physical location
- Beancount: double-entry accounting tool
- Travel Cat: an online game where players can explore a dynamic digital world and collect NFTs
- Vitality (VITA): a decentralized token for community incentives and extra staking rewards
KEYRING PRO – IoTeX Wallet
KEYRING PRO is a multichain wallet facilitating the advanced Wallet Connect infrastructure.
This allows users to sign in and approve transaction from anywhere, on any browsers, across different devices with one trusted device.
It ensures the highest security and administration as authorization will come from one place.
The app is compatible with NFC hardwares.
It simply means users can export their accounts to an NFC Keycard, then use the card to authorize transactions as a hardware wallet (cold wallet).
Buy Crypto is another cool feature that allows users to purchase crypto directly to their wallet with a credit card.
In term of trading, KEYRING SWAP is part of the KEYRING PRO ecosystem.
It operates as a DEX aggregator which sorts out the best exchange rate from different DEXs.
This maximizes user’s profit in every trading session.
KEYRING SWAP is now supporting Ethereum, Polygon, Optimism, Arbitrum, Binance Smart Chain, and Avalanche.
>> What is Avalanche Subnet <<