What is Dogechain?
The emergence of Dogechain has brightened the DOGE comunity sentiment since its launch.
Dogechain rises up as a dedicated Layer 2 of Dogecoin, which aims to bring utilities and applications to DOGE token.
For instance, DOGE holder can bridge DOGE to this new Layer 2 in a wrapped format (ERC-20) as wDOGE to pay for gas fees, purchase NFT, or use DeFi applications, etc.
The chain is fully EVM compatible, facilitating IBFT consensus on top of a highly efficient PoS (Proof-of-Stake) protocol.
IBFT (Istanbul Byzantine Fault Tolerant) is a consensus mechanism. It ensures a single, agreed-upon ordering for transactions, and provides extra benefits, including settlement finality.
>> ZKsync Airdrop <<
>> What is ETHW? <<
According to their documentation, the network is built on Polygon Edge framework, allowing a complete adoption of Polygon’s advantages.
The tight connection between Dogechain and Polygon also reflects on its list of supporters.
By scouting on Twitter, it would be easy to recognize Roc Zacharias is a core contributor of Dogechain, who happens to be a co-founder of QuickSwap, a native DEX on Polygon.
TLDR: @DogechainFamily is a Layer 2 of @dogecoin that brings smart contracts to Doge via @0xPolygonEdge technology. Over 600 projects have launched in 4 days. Project is growing exponentially since mainnet launch with over 20k wallets and 70,000,000 Doge bridged. https://t.co/DUfCOX95Hu— Roc Zacharias (@CryptoRocky) August 15, 2022
>> What is Rinkeby Etherscan <<
>> What is Avalanche Subnet <<
>> What is GMX Crypto <<
Dogecoin vs Dogechain
Even though gas fees on Dogechain are denominated to wDOGE, the two chains actually have no coordination whatsoever.
According to Jens Wiechers, a contributor of Dogecoin, the launch of Dogechain has no support from Dogecoin.
In fact, it all relies on the core team to deploy their network and to conduct marketing activities.
Claims in paid media that Dogecoin launched a "Dogechain" test network are false. Neither @Dogecoin/@dogecoin_devs, nor @BillyM2k, @ummjackson or others associated with @DogecoinFdn are in any way affiliated with the token.— ⬢ Jens Wiechers ⬡ 🇺🇦 (he/they) (@jwiechers) August 16, 2022
Dogechain (DC) Token
DC is the native token of Dogechain which secures the network and distributes network’s resources.
In the next phase of development, DC token will also be used to pay for gas fees alongside with wDOGE.
- Token Name: Dogechain Native Token
- Ticker: DC
- Blockchain: Dogechain
- Token Standard: ERC-20
- Token Type: Governance, Utility
- Total Supply: 1,000,000,000,000
- Circulating Supply: 5,000,000,000
- Ecosystem DAO fund — 29%
- Network Operations, 4-year linear vesting — 15%
- Airdrops — 12%
- Polygon Reserve — 1%
- RobinHood Reserve — 1%
- 10% Contributing team members, 5-year linear vesting — 10%
- Foundation, 15% upfront with 2-year linear vesting — 12%
- Treasury, 15% upfront, 2-year linear vesting — 10%
- Marketing and Advisors, 5-year linear vesting — 5%
- Initial liquidity and Market-Making, 50% upfront, 50% 2-year linear vesting — 5%
- Chain ID: 2000
- Network Name: DogeChain Mainnet
- Network RPC URL: https://rpc.dogechain.dog
- Currency Symbol: DC
- Block Explorer URL: https://explorer.dogechain.dog
- Chain ID: 568
- Network Name: DogeChain Testnet
- Network RPC URL: https://rpc-testnet.dogechain.dog
- Currency Symbol: DC
- Block Explorer URL: https://explorer-testnet.dogechain.dog
>> What is Metis RPC <<
>> Polygon ZKEVM <<
>> What is Matic Faucet? Mumbai RPC <<
Add RPC to KEYRING PRO
- Download KEYRING PRO on iOS, Android, APK, Huawei App Gallery, or Mac M1
- Create a multichain account
- Add RPC
- On home screen, tap ‘Menu’ icon
- Choose ‘Manage Chains’
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon
- Insert RPC parameters, please refer to the RPC section above.
- Tap ‘Add’
- On the home screen, choose an address you want to use on the newly added chain, or you can create a new account
- Choose ‘Use this address with other chains’
- Choose the newly added chain
- Tap ‘Create’
Visit Dogechain Bridge at bridge.dogechain.dog
This bridge allows you to bridge your DOGE from Dogecoin chain directly to this network in the format of wDOGE.
Once added RPC, you can use KEYRING PRO to connect to the bridge to start the process, please refer to the video below.
>> Arbitrum Bridge <<
>> Crypto Gelato <<
Dogechain faucet enables developers to claim free DOGE on testnet.
It has been built for testing purposes only, which means testnet DOGE has no market value and cannot be transferred to the mainnet in anyways.
You can access Dogechain testnet by adding the testnet RPC above to KEYRING PRO.
To visit the faucet, go to faucet.dogechain.dog
>> What is Binance Smart Chain Faucet <<
>> What is Avalanche Subnet <<
>> 03 Things you should know about Bitcoin Rejoin <<
>> Crypto Rich Deluxe Trading Cards <<
The Dogechain price has been declined steadily by 85% since its peak at $0.004627.
It happens due to the current market condition. Besides, there is no staking program and DC token has not been used to pay for gas fees on the network, yet.
However, at some point, with great support from Polygon, DC token price will start its rally in the future.
Get more information about Dogechain price in the table below.